Sunday, August 2, 2009

In my healthcare opinion...

I work in the healthcare industry as the practice administrator for a family practice clinic. I've had the pleasure of being in healthcare for more than eight years.

I started a receptionist, then did billing, then became an assistant administrator and in 2005 was promoted to Practice Administrator.

I love my job. And I really enjoy working in healthcare.

This blog is dedicated to all things healthcare. My hope is that through my posts, you (the reader) can become a better patient and ultimately, a better consumer of healthcare.

I'll help you understand how insurance works (or, doesn't work in some cases), why healthcare providers do what they do, how you can get the best bang for your healthcare buck, and what you can do to improve your health and the health of those you love.

Every once in a while, when I'm feeling particularly frisky, I'll throw in some of my thoughts on healthcare policy (which is the topic of the day most days).

My main objective, though, is to educate.


Feel free to ask questions either as a comment or via email to inmyhealthcareopinion [at] gmail .com

Disclaimer: This blog is my responsibility. The information provided represents my views and opinions and not those of my employer. I am also not a physician nor a healthcare provider. Any medical information I discuss should never be interpreted as medical advice. Although I research topics extensively and truly believe in what I share with others, keep in mind that the only thing I'm licensed to do is drive a car. Before you begin any medication, supplement, diet, or exercise regimen, you should definitely research the topic yourself and, in most cases, consult with your personal physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment